Welcome to the website of the friendly Bathurst U3A!
Latest additions to the website
Classes are restarting October 19th
Dear U3A Members,
GREAT NEWS!! U3A is resuming classes in Term 4, commencing on 19th October!
However, we need to STAY SAFE from COVID-19, so we all need to follow some basic safety requirements:
- Each indoor class will have no more than 20 participants, plus the facilitator and assistant(s).
- The room used in an indoor venue will be large enough to allow 4 square metres per person.
- Participants will maintain a distance of 1.5 metres from each other. Masks will be used if you cannot maintain this distance.
- Hand sanitiser will be used at the beginning and end of each class.
- If equipment is shared, it will be cleaned with antibacterial wipes or antibacterial spray, between uses.
- Tables, if used, will be cleaned with antibacterial wipes before and after use. For large areas, antibacterial spray may be used.
- Masks, hand sanitiser, antibacterial wipes, antibacterial spray and disposable gloves will be provided by U3A.
- Food and drink will not be shared.
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND CLASS IF YOU ARE UNWELL, IF YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO MAY HAVE COVID-19, OR IF YOU HAVE ATTENDED A COVID-19 HOTSPOT IN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
Some safety requirements may be managed by the venue:
- Hygiene in toilet areas will be maintained.
- High use objects or areas, such as handrails, counters or chairs, will be sanitised often.
Your facilitator will maintain a checklist to ensure that safety requirements are being observed. Your facilitator will also maintain a contact tracing form, with each member’s (and the facilitator’s) phone number or address noted at each attendance, with arrival and departure times noted, to allow for timely contact tracing, if necessary. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Please note that Marie O’Donnell’s “Singing for Pleasure” and Rhonda Hodges’ “Everything Craft” groups are no longer running. If this affects you, you may like to enrol in another class.
Please advise your facilitator if you do not intend continuing in Term 4. Your facilitator will advise you of any changes to your venue.
Andrew Wells (Phone: 0419229930, email: email@example.com ) and Allison Aspden (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ) are available for any assistance you may need. Please contact them with any questions you have.
WELCOME BACK TO U3A!!!
Newsletter Term 4
The Term 4 newsletter has been published, and may be downloaded here. Also of interest is the information on our Christmas Lunch on December 2nd. Information on our courses for Term 4 can be found on our courses page.
Crime Fiction goes interstate — even in lockdown
Jennifer Short’s Crime Fiction group is going to attend a book launch at Geelong Library for Jock Serong’s new book! It is in the evening and they all have to drink a cocktail, eat nibbles and wear fancy clothes!!
It is amazing what can be done with Zoom under lockdown. Congrats to our facilitators who are thinking ‘outside the square’.
COVID 19 Safety Plan
For our facilitators, we have a COVID-19 safety plan for download.
Precautions should take place to help prevent the spread of the disease:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
The government has issued, via their seniors website, a fact sheet for older Australians. It is well worth a read.