Sally Fulton was interviewed on 2MCE-FM by Marie Curtis on the restarting of classes in Term 4 of 2020, under COVID-19-safe procedures.
- The July issue of the U3AAA.
- Read what’s happening in other U3A’s in NSW, and what our umbrella organisation – U3A Network NSW Inc – is up to. This is the first issue of Newslink to be linked on our website. Hopefully it will be the first of many, as the newsletters are very informative. [Note that the newsletter is a fairly large file, and could take a while to download.]
- It was with a heavy heart that the Bathurst U3A learn of the passing of active U3A member Bob Henry. Among his many achievements with the U3A, he has worked tirelessly on the committee, helped Gordon develop the Bowls class, and very recently, ran the Table Tennis and Aqua Aerobics classes. We offer Rhonda and her family our deepest and sincere condolences. [26 July, 2018]
- Allison attended, and wrote a report on, a quarterly 2-day NSW U3A Network Meeting.
- A Special General Meeting was conducted at 10am, on 2 May, 2018, at the Senior Citizens Centre,where a new constitution was approved.
- U3A Alliance Australia bulletin 20, published 27th July, 2017
- Farewell John and Wyn Stockman left for Noosa in mid 2017. Lucky them, when we freeze in our sub-zero winter mornings. We were lucky enough to catch a photo of them at a get-together before they left.
- We received a nice testimonial from the Read and Share Class the other day (Term 3 2018), that they had read the newsletter online and commented on what a good website we have, and whoever is running it is doing a good job – how all the links work and how good it looked overall. They said that they had looked at other group’s websites, which were less attractive and that their links did not work.
Due to some very hard work from Sue and Lindsay of our committee, the Bathurst U3A has been awarded a grant of $4000. The grants are administered by the Bathurst U3A Council, and are from monies from the local Bathurst Panthers and RSL clubs. The grants are to assist local community clubs and organisations.
The photo shows Lindsay receiving the grant from Norm Mann of Bathurst Panthers and Ron Hollybone of Bathurst RSL.